- How do I use Whap! or create a profile?
- I never received a verification email. How do I verify my account?
- How do I reset my password?
- Why does my submitted video not show up in the Arena, Contests or My Videos?
- How do I Share a video?
- How do use a Link Key (share.whap.app link)?
- How do I use QR codes?
- What does a purple dot mean in front of a $username?
- How do I upload a custom picture for my Profile?
- Where can I see videos I've uploaded?
- What is the "Discover" section?
- Why is the Leaderboard empty?
- How will I know I've won a Contest?
- What are the Community Guidelines?
- How do I submit a bug report?
- How do I Report/Flag an inappropriate video?
- How do I submit a Copyright infringement?
- How do I Close my Whap account?
How do I use Whap! or create a profile?
To use Whap!, you must first set up a User profile through the App:
- Select "Create an Account."
- Review the brief "First Time Setup" tutorial.
- Fill out your first and last name, email and birth date, to create a screen name and password.
- You must agree to the Terms and Conditions as well as acknowledge you are over the age of 13 or have received parental consent.
I never received a verification email. How do I verify my account?
Most account verification emails arrive within a minute but can sometimes take longer. If you haven't received an email in your Inbox to verify your Whap! account, please check your Spam or Junk folder. If an email still cannot be found, please use the directions below to update your account:
- Tap "Login for Fun!" button on the opening screen.
- Select "Forgot Password?" link below the "Log In" button.
- Submit the email address tied to your Whap! account. Please allow up to 10 minutes to receive your Password Reset link.
Why does my submitted video not show up in the Arena, Contests or My Videos?
Your video may have been flagged by our automated video moderation filter. We're constantly reviewing this filter to allow appropriate videos through but it sometimes incorrectly catches videos that should have been allowed. If your video was properly submitted, your held video will 1) be reviewed and show shortly after Approved, or 2) Rejected and a reason will be sent for its rejection.
Please allow up to 24 business hours for your video to be approved. If you believe the video was unfairly rejected, please Contact us here to appeal the decision.
How do I Share a video?
On the Video Playback screen, press the Share icon. You can select a Friend or Copy a link to your clipboard. Your Friend will be able to view the video from their Messages.
Alternatively, Copying the link will have the person viewing the video to Download the App (if not Installed) or immediately direct the viewer to the video (if Installed).
How do I use a Link Key (share.whap.app link)?
You may receive a Link Key (share.whap.app/[code]) to access a Public or Private Contest/Room. This link can do many things:
- Whap! not installed: it will direct you to the App Store or Google Play to download the app.
- Whap! is installed: it will take you to the Public or Private Contest/Room in the Contest tab. If this is set to Private, it will register in your Contest tab. If the Private Contest/Room is accidentally deleted, you can re-register again using the Link Key.
Link Keys work from most text or email apps. You can also copy/paste this link into your web browser. If this doesn't work, try the following:
- Use Chrome Incognito Mode
- Try a different web browser: FireFox, DuckDuckGo or others.
- Allow your browser to Open Links in Apps:
- FireFox: Settings > Advanced > Open links in Apps > On
- DuckDuckGo: Settings > Open Links in Apps > Always
- Samsung Internet: Settings > Useful features > Open links in other apps > On
How do I use QR codes?
You may find Whap! QR codes on posters, screens and other marketing materials. You may even use them to share your own Contest or Room! These can be scanned by your device's camera to access Contests/Rooms:
- Open your Camera app
- Scan the QR code
- Tap the share.whap.app link that appears on screen
- The device will direct you differently if you do or do not have the app:
- Whap! is not installed: it will direct you to the App Store or Google Play to download the app.
- Whap! is installed: it will take you to the Public or Private Contest/Room in the Contest tab. If the Contest/Room is set to Private, it will register it in your Contest tab so you do not need search for it. If you accidentally delete the Private Contest/Room, you can re-register it by clicking on the Link Key again.
What does a purple dot mean in front of a ●$username?
The purple dot indicates an Influencer. Influencers are exempt from usual Arena rules: their videos stay posted in the Arena after a contest is over. However, Influencers cannot win contests and their videos do not show up in the Leaderboards or Hall of Fame.
If you see an video in the Hall of Fame marked as an Influencer, it's because they became an Influencer after the video was submitted.
Where can I see videos I've uploaded?
On the Whap! screen "My Video Feed" (Home), select the button at the top, "My Videos." This is on the screen that shows Arena, Contests and My Videos at the top, above the videos.
Other user videos can be found by tapping a User's Profile image in Video Playback and viewing their Video section.
What is the "Discover" section?
This section shows you all videos regardless of the Arena Contest. Consider it your "FYP (For You Page)." This will show you videos based on the $tags you're following in your Profile. You can add up to three $tags.
You can also Search for Videos, Tags or Users and Sort your results.
How do I Close my Whap account?
You can Close your Whap account in the app by doing the following:
- Select your Profile in the Whap Toggle Menu
- Select "Settings and Notifications"
- Select "My Account"
- Select "Close Account"
- Read the Disclaimer, type your current Whap password and press the "Close Account" button
- Pressing the "Cancel" button will take you back to the previous "My Account" screen without Closing your account
Please note: Deleting your account will fully erase all of your account information and is not reversible. Whap! retains the rights to all videos from the applicable libraries.
If you are having difficulty in Closing your account, please submit your cancellation in writing through our online Contact form here. A customer service representative will help you to Close the account.
Brief Tutorial: First Time Use
Function descriptions for
"MY VIDEO FEED"
Function descriptions for
"WHAP! MENU TOGGLE"
Function descriptions for